Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"It's not about TIME, It's about COMMITMENT"


Well we are rapidly approaching my 2 favorite seasons Fall and Winter ;) I can't get enough of the great outdoors once this time of year hits. Although I won't be partaking in my favorite activities this fall, hiking and camping. No, I'll be helping my other half finish up the barn we've been building all summer, whew!

Needless to say, I had no idea how time consuming undertaking a project of this nature would be - on top of everything else! I have a habit of thinking I can do everything and insisting on trying to put 36 hours into a 24 hour day.

As a result I've had to do some re-prioritizing of some aspects of my life. What can I let go of and what do I HAVE to do! But as I went (and routinely) go through this process - my health and wellness are always first! Because without my health, there is NO tomorrow! And there is nothing on this planet that can change that simple fact.

Now does that mean that everyday upon waking I go through some insane exercise program? No! And does that mean I spend hours laboring in the kitchen preparing healthy meals from whole food sources? No! It means that 3-5 days a week I devote 30-60 minutes to some form of weight bearing exercise, usually resistance training because as far as I'm concerned there's nothing that generates results faster! And as far as my meals go - 15 to 30 minutes a day, with 1-2 hours on Sunday devoted to preparing all 5 to 6 of my meals.

Now maybe I have a warped sense of reality - and if this is case someone please let me know ASAP - but I don't think that an hour a day is some great sacrifice when it comes to your health!

Think about the alternative - when you neglect your body's needs and your health suffers how much time do you lose? Do you enjoy wasting the day lying in bed ill? I don't know about you but I hate it - almost as much as I hate wasting the time to go to the doctor's office. But yet the number one reason people do not eat well and incorporate exercise is lack of time.

I spent today at a local health and wellness fair in effort to help promote the local gym here in the town of Middleburgh. And everyone I talked to said they should eat better and they should workout more because they know it's in their best interest. BUT they don't and do you know what the number reason why they don't was? They don't have the time!

They don't have the time? - How can they not have the time for their health and happiness? OH, How this frustrates me!

So I ask you... Do you have any idea how much MORE productive you would be on a daily basis if you just made the time! Investing an hour a day in your health is going to increase your productivity exponetially!! Plus, your outlook is going to be so much more positive, not just in regards to your reflection, but in regards to your Life!

My best friend (my Mom) had a great quote in her email:

"It's not about TIME, It's about COMMITMENT"

I'm asking you to think on this a minute! How commiitted are you to your health? And to living YOUR Life to it's utmost potential?


  • Are you only committed when it's convenient?
  • Are you only committed for show? Meaning you eat well in front of others but eat crap once your alone.
  • Are you committed enough to actually cause changes in your body and appearance for the better?
  • Are you committed enough to say no to that bag of chips at 3pm?
  • Are you committed enough to devote 30 minutes to exercise and 15-30 minutes to getting your food together?
  • Are you committed enough to pack your lunch in a cooler and bring it in to work?
  • Are you committed enough to stay the course despite the fact that many of the people around you are going to try (some harder then others) to get you off track?

There is no right or wrong answer to these questions. But you should ask yourself the above questions and know where it is you really stand. Then uncover why it is you feel that way and once you know this for yourself I'd love for you to share with me what you found!

Seriously, I'm trying really hard to understand why the immediate pleasures of crap food and TV takes precedence in most peoples lives to both their Health and their ability to live life to its fullest potential. I would love to hear any insights you might have on this. Please post your thoughts and comments here in the blog.

Sorry if I offended you in any way with my little "rant" here - but it just frustrates me too see so many people suffer through life when there's no need too.

Eat Well and Be Well,

Jenny May


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home